Edible Pretzel Crisps® Mustaches…
…that are Sure to Make Dad Laugh.
No need to scramble around last minute for a Father’s Day gift. Make him something special that is sure to invoke a few chuckles. These ‘staches are hilarious and edible, and we all know that humor and food are the quickest way to Dad’s heart.
Whether you are an adult, or have kids this simply project is for all ages.
- Chocolate frosting
- Either a piping bag with a multi-opening piping tip (also known as a grass tip) OR a small, flexible spatula
-Original Pretzel Crisps
-Popsicle or crafting sticks
- Carefully use your fingers to break away the bottom corner of each (see photo below) so that the Pretzel Crisps have only one circle left.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave in 15-second spurts, stirring in between until smooth.
- Dip the Pretzel Crisps into chocolate and place one tip over the other. Sit on aluminum foil, a Silpat, wax or parchment paper and allow to dry.
- Once dry, remelt a little chocolate and stick the popsicle stick to the back of the chocolate covered Crisps.
- Fill a piping bag with chocolate frosting and attach the tip. Start in the middle and pipe frosting towards the outer end, like a wave. Continue until fully covered.
- If you do not want to use a piping bag and tip that’s okay! Just use a mini spatula and spread the frosting across. Try to create texture in the mustache as you go. Use a fork to create lines through the frosting and make it look more like hair!
No need for another boring tie or tools. Do something that will make him feel unique and special.
Make multiple if hosting a get together. Fill a container with candy or gumballs to hold the sticks upright.
Happy Father’s Day!