Sweet & Savory Balsamic Strawberry Bacon Bites
‘Got an App for That?’ Appetizer Recipe Contest finalist, Sandi S. from Norman, OK.
- 8 thick cut slices applewood smoked bacon
- 1/2 cup white chocolate cream cheese spread
- 1/4 cup savory lemon & herb cooking cream
- 2 teaspoons aged balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup diced strawberries
- 24 Original Pretzel Crisps
- 1/2 cup finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- fresh mint leaves
In a large skillet on medium-low, fry the bacon until just crisp and drain on paper towels. When cool, cut each piece into 3 equal-sized pieces.
In a small bowl, mix the white chocolate cream cheese, cooking creme and vinegar until smooth. Fold in the strawberries.
Lay a piece of bacon on each of the Pretzel Crisps, top each with equal amounts of the strawberry mixture. Place some shredded cheese on top, scatter some chopped mint on each and serve. Makes 24 appetizers and can be prepared in under 30 minutes!