Pretzel Crisp Tarts
If you are stuck inside from all of this crummy weather, get off the couch and start a little project. Try whipping up a batch of Pretzel Crisp Tarts. They are bite-sized and easy to share. If you can’t enjoy the outdoors, you may as well enjoy a little Pretzel Crisp, chocolate and caramel. Just wait until you bite down into the buttery Pretzel Crisp crust.
For the crust:
- 16 Pretzel Crisps
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 teaspoons cold butter
- 2 teaspoons sugar
For the filling:
- Homemade or store bought caramel
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Dash of salt
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, or about 1 ½ ounces
1. Use food processor to mix the Pretzel Crisps, flour and sugar until broken down. Add the cold butter and process until the butter is mixed through.
Push firmly into mini tart shells. Bake in oven at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes or until they begin to brown.
Add chocolate and whisk until smooth.
2. Heat cream and salt on medium low until it begins to bubble around the edge. Remove from heat and allow to cool a little.
3. Pop crusts out and sprinkle broken up Pretzel Crisps into each. Spoon some of the chocolate ganache as well as the caramel into each.
Sprinkle some more Pretzel Crisps on top and hoard these until the snow melts!
Stick a large piece on top for decoration.