Mustard Cheese Dip
Mustard is one of those condiments enjoyed in sparing amounts. It adds a nice kick to many dishes and snacks, but one would not necessarily eat it in spoonfuls. One would not, that is, except when incorporated into this dip.
This sinfully exquisite dip makes you wonder why you ever bother eating out at a sporting event. The cheddar balances out the intensity of mustard, while the mustard subtly sparks your taste buds. An ultimate ying and yang of flavors, with ingredients already available in your kitchen.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated (Try to grate or food process your own, the pre-shredded cheese affects the quality of the dip.)
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
Optional: Honey mustard
1. Melt your butter over low heat. Add flour and whisk until thick.
2. Pour in milk, then turn up heat to medium low. Whisk until thick.
Turn heat back to low and add cheese in. Mix until melted.
3. Once cheese is melted, turn off heat. Add mustard, mustard powder and garlic powder.
As an option, you can pour a little honey for a honey mustard dip!
Tip: Add mustard and mustard powder in a little at a time, to gauge what amount is right for you.
The perfect Pretzel Crisps dip.