DIY Wine Charms
The weather is just right for outside drinking. There, I said it. Anyway, one of my favorite things to do is host friends at home. We like to fire up the barbecue and enjoy some wine outdoors. Last week, my roommate and I had several people over for such an occasion. We found that everyone kept misplacing their wine glasses and getting confused about whose glass was whose. The wine charm idea was born! After a little research online and a visit to the local craft store, I gave myself an easy, cute and fun DIY project.
You can buy charms at the store and accessorize them with other beads or just hang them by themselves; either way, it’s a great personal touch and I’m thinking about making them as gifts for housewarmings, birthdays, whatever. Yay crafts!
What you’ll need:
- some charms
- needle nose pliers
- earring hoops or thin malleable wire
- whatever fun stuff you want to put on your charms! I saw some really cute ones made with buttons, foam, glitter… the sky/ your imagination is the limit!
Tip: If you’re making these as gifts, you can choose beads that reflect the person’s aesthetic. For me, I like really bright colors & words.
- Decide how many you want to make.
- If you’re using wire, cut the wire into 3 inch pieces
- If you want to make things 3x easier, I’d buy the earring hoops and use those. They work super well!
- String the beads onto the earring hoop/wire.
- If using wire, bend both ends of it to create a little hook. Hook the ends of the wire together and… TADA! You’ve got yourself a wine charm!
Pretzel Crisp NY Marketing Maven