by Lisa Parady
Walking through the grocery store this weekend I couldn’t help but notice the color green was everywhere. There were green carnations in the floral department, green cookies in bakery, even green beer?! Then in hit me, Saint Patrick’s Day is upon us! Being of Irish descent I grew up on potatoes, cabbage, and corned beef. Now that I’ve reached my mid-20s, and the 21st century, I’ve looked to spice things up a bit. I want to share with you a modern twist on an old time favorite, my Irish Ruben Dip.
After scoping out the green shamrock cookies in the bakery department of the grocery store, I headed straight to the deli to pick up my bag of Original Pretzel Crisps®. While there I picked up all of my ingredients for my Ruben Irish Dip. How convenient that Pretzel Crisps®, my favorite snack, and the ingredients for my next meal are all found in the deli! Here is a list of what you’ll need to make my Irish Ruben Dip:
- 2 cups of chopped corned beef
- 1 – 32oz bag of sauerkraut (drained)
- 8oz of shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup of Thousand Island Dressing
- 2/3 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 – 7.2oz bag of Pretzel Crisps® (for dipping)
Upon returning home I whipped up the dip in 30 minutes time. The steps to complete the dip are quite simple:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Chop corned beef into cube sized pieces and place in bowl
- Mix in sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, Thousand Island dressing, mayonnaise with the corned beef
- Sprinkle extra Swiss cheese on top for added cheesy goodness
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Severe warm with any flavor of Pretzel Crisps®
This recipe is great for dinner parties, watching your favorite sporting event, or just enjoying with a cold one. While it might not bring you the luck of the Irish, it certainly is the type of comfort food that will warm your tummy and your soul. Happy Snacking!
Hi, my name is Lisa Parady, and I am Pretzel Crisper!
I play a hybrid sales and marketing role in Boston. I have a passion for fashion and love to travel. I’m always on the go, and I carry Pretzel Crisps® with me everywhere.
Favorite Quote: “One is never overdressed or underdressed in a little black dress.” –Karl Lagerfeld
Favorite Pretzel Crisps® pairing: Sesame Pretzel Crisps® topped with a dollop of Nutella and a raspberry