- Hint: leave ice cream in the freezer until the point in the recipe when you need it. The more frozen your ice cream is, the easier the sandwiches will be to prepare.
- Clear enough space in freezer to set a 12x12 or larger cookie sheet. Line a cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Place 12 whole Pretzel Crisps® face down on a cutting board. Top each with 1 tablespoon ice cream, then a row of 3 slightly overlapping banana slices. Add 12 more Pretzel Crisps® face up as the top of the sandwiches. Place sandwiches on cookie sheet and freeze for 20 minutes.
- Then place chopped peanuts on a small plate and roll sides of sandwiches (where ice cream is exposed) in chopped peanuts. Return sandwiches to freezer immediately, for another 20 minutes.
- During the last 5 minutes of freezing, heat chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl for 1 minute at 50% power. Stir and heat for another minute at 50% power. Scoop chocolate into a plastic sandwich bag. Cut a 1/8 inch hole in one bottom corner of the bag. Remove sandwiches from freezer, drizzle with chocolate by pressing chocolate through the hole in the bag and making a zigzag pattern across the top of the Pretzel Crisps®. Return sandwiches to the freezer for 20 minutes. Serve or keep in the freezer for up to 1 day.
- Note: If making ahead and freezing completed sandwiches for more than 20 minutes, let sandwiches sit at room temperature for about 3 minutes before serving (to allow bananas to soften slightly).