- Beat first 3 ingredients in a stand mixer, until smooth.
- Add dates, shallots, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; beat at medium speed until well blended, scraping sides of bowl as necessary.
- Spoon cheese mixture onto a large sheet of plastic wrap. Form into a log, using a rubber spatula. Wrap cheese ball in plastic wrap; chill overnight.
- Combine parsley and walnuts in a shallow dish. Unwrap cheese log; gently roll in nut mixture, coating well. Place on a serving plate
- Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.