- Place almonds and confectioner’s sugar in a food processor until almond become a finely ground powder.
- Beat egg whites in a mixer. Once peaks begin to form, slowly add granulated sugar. Continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Stir in vanilla (or your preferred flavor) extract. Next, sift in 1/3 of the processed almond and confectioner’s sugar. Fold into the egg whites then continue to add the rest, mixing in between.
- Pipe out the shape of a pretzel onto parchment paper. If you need to, trace a Pretzel Crisp® and place under parchment paper as a guideline. The batter will spread so pipe less than you think you need.
- Allow batter to sit for at least thirty minutes so that the surface hardens a little.
- Turn oven on to 350 degrees. Bake for about five minutes, depending on your oven. You want to remove them before they begin to brown. Allow to cool before removing from parchment paper lined-baking sheet.
- For your filling, you can use any favorite chocolate frosting, a ganache, Nutella, or peanut butter. Anything that tastes good with Pretzel Crisps®! Layer with a pretzel or two in between for a delicious dessert sandwich.