Summer Kale Salad
It seems that everyone is on a leafy green veggie kick, especially with summer right around the corner. I’ll admit, I was reluctant to eat all this “healthy stuff, but after experimenting with different ingredient combinations, I’ve found the winner and I’ve totally fallen into the green dream myself. Make it at home & taste the goodness!
What you’ll need:
- 1 Bushel of Kale
- 1 Mango
- 1 Avocado
- 2 Medium sized Carrots
- 1 Medium sized Onion
- 1 Can of Black Beans
- 6 Small Tomatoes, or 1 Large one (whichever you prefer)
- 3 TBSPS Olive Oil
- ¼ cup of crushed Chipotle Cheddar Pretzel Crisps ® optional
- ½ a Lemon
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cut stems off kale bushel. Wash, dry and cut greens into desired size and put into large salad bowl.
- Rinse and drain the can of black beans in a colander. Combine beans with kale.
- Chop up and combine following ingredients with chopped up kale:
- Use cheese grater to shred carrots. Add shredded carrots to the rest of the ingredients combined in bowl.
- Squeeze the juice of half a lemon into the mixture of ingredients.
- Add olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix everything together and get ready for a colorful mix of deliciousness!
***(I like to refrigerate the salad for a couple hours, allowing for all the flavors to mix).***
- ** For extra crunch, add ¼ cup of crushed Chipotle Cheddar Pretzel Crisps ® before serving.
Brought to you by New York Marketing Manager
The Lovely Lina